Pink Wombat's Hideout

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Miss-List

I miss home. I always miss home most during Easter. (Although we don't celebrate it back home - unless you count school holiday Good Friday as a celebration). I miss everything about the two places now regarded as home - Penang and KL.

Most of all, i miss the PEOPLE in it that make it home.

Was just talking to Namses on msn and she said it should be illegal to miss people (she's back home and we're scattered all around the world...). I used to think that too (especially when your lil comfy world is opened up to actual superficialness here, you tend to miss the REALness back home)... but now i think it's a good thing to miss. We should be grateful that we CAN miss and we have people who miss us back too. It's the one felt presence of love in this life. *Shu's intelligent quote of the day*

If I could list everything I've longed and deja-vu-ed for ever since I got here, the list would stretch longer than your neural networks stretched out (that's like 400 miles or something...i HAVE been reading my neuropsychology text...boohaha)...

But just to keep it short, here's some from the Top of the Miss - List:
1. My dogs. Otis' grumpy sleepy mug, his humping ways, and Leo's ball tricks
2. My friends. The ones I hold closest to my heart.
3. My family. Especially sunday morning dim-sum (ohh DIMSUM!) and the huge extended family get-togethers
3. HELP Uni college. Spent a good 2 years of my life there.. The hot, cramped bas sekolahs that take you from one building to another..the good location and surrounding buildings that have become familiar landmarks.
4. Menara Bangsar, with my roommate, housemates, the 'ground floor garden', the pool and good view of hazy KL.
5. Penang's beaches. Where you see water everywhere you go (it's an island!)
6. Msian Megasales.
7. Sri Emas, good vegetarian chap-fun you can hide under your rice...muahaha.. Actually, just vegetarian food for that matter.
8. Mamak, Auntie Anne's Pretzels, Poh-Piah and other Penang hawker food.
9. 1-Utama and Midvalley.
10. The packed free-shuttle that takes you to Midvalley. I MISS KL PUBLIC TRANSPORT. How you can sit on the lrt from one end to another and just stare out as the surroundings turn from city-scape to oldtown ulu. I actually miss the wait for inconsistent busses too.
11. The routine innocent days of high school. Sleepy mornings, assemblies, lunchtimes, sports days, activities, hard studying, and lazing around in CGL's assembly area.
12. The smell of famous amos cookies in Sungei Wang Plaza.
13. Island Glades and Menara Gembira. Ah, gembira days.
14. THE CONSTANT SUN & HOT WEATHER

Happy easter ya'll :)
*channels chocolate eggs and kisses over*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home