Pink Wombat's Hideout

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Things scientists come up with...

Finding of the day :
Apparently, some researchers from a university here have found the secret of making the perfect bacon butty (bacon sandwich). They’ve even got a MATHS formula for it! Fry it for so and so minutes in so and so temperature/pressure…IN WHAT KIND OF BREAD...HOW THICK...

I cant imagine it going into a publication or journal... Journal of The Sandwich...BreaDing News...The Social Sarnie...Butty Hall of Fame..

More than 1000 hours was spent testing varieties of it. "They tried different types and cuts of bacon, cooking techniques, types of oil and a range of cooking times at different temperatures...Fifty volunteers also judged each sandwich according to its taste, texture and flavour." (BBC, 2007).

And now ladies and gentleman... the ultimate formula : N = C + {fb (cm) . fb (tc)} + fb (Ts) + fc

For a sandwich, people. Meat in between two slices of toast/bun/other pastry. WHHYYYYY LAAAAaaa….

Pah, so THAT’s where the money went… to perfecting a sarnie some of us DON”T EVEN EAT! I think bacon smells of pig too.

They should channel the research funds to a developing nation or a charity or something...devote their cause to something more...filling (pun intended. ha.ha.).. More...cause-ful. Like finding a cure for perenial rhynititis. This sinus that Paul has. It's like perpetual hay fever, gets you sniffly. He gets really bunged up especially during prolonged periods in my room. I'm starting to think he's allergic to ME... Maybe I'm like a giant allergen or something...giant dustmite in disguise...

I miss my gran’s place in downtown penang…an old-town charm with balconies of bougainvilleas housing 6 of her 10 children…knocking on adjacent walls to wake everyone up on Sunday for breakfast at the market…lazy Sunday mornings watching Chinese serials in my gran’s living room. And imposing my little self unto my aunts every night in their rooms listening to Chinese music and watching them knit and read magazines with Chinese characters I couldn’t read… and sniffing the Guiness my granma downs every night as it ‘helps her sleep’…and insisting on singing good night songs to the entire household before being carried upstairs half asleep.

Song of the Mo : The Drugs Don’t Work – The Verve (a song for his gf dying of cancer… you can sense the sadness and helplessness in it… I miss my granpa)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home